Friday, July 18, 2014

A surprise near The London Eye






As I find my afternoon open before traveling to The Guardian newspaper, I took the opportunity to visit a popular place in the city, the London Eye. I embarked on this journey, with the hopes of taking the best photos possible, so that I could have memories that last forever, and I had to take the time to capture such a mesmorizing place. What I didn't expect to see was some of the greatest performers in the world. As I paced to each location looking for that perfect image, I stumbled across a world famous contortonist, whos income is purely based on tourists and London Eye casuals. Although I did not catch his name at the beginning of his performance, the man holds a world record for his best trick, fitting himself into a very small glass box. The flamboyant character played music while performing all sorts of body twisting manuevers, which shocked the audience from beginning to end. before each section of the performance, he would show his humorous personality to the public, and describe what was up next. People in the crowd would discuss to one another, as they all seemed unsure of whether or not that was achievable. Sure enough he impressed, and the audience showered him with money at the end. 

A younger woman with a guitar expressed her beautiful voice, similar to that of popular artists like Adele and Lorde, as she sang soft melodies to those getting off the London Eye. She had a billboard in front of her, with elaborate social media information and personal information, as if this was her only opportunty to sell herself as an arist. It seemed as though she could go places; with that much effort to go out each day and show others her voice, I wouldnt't be surprised if she ended up with a record label in the near future. 

My favorite performer was this tin/army man, who had this mechanism that would emit a small noise, that sounded as though he was truly a robot. He truly knew how to attract toursits and bring them in for a photograph. Whether it was his salute or incredible ability to remain still for a large period of time. Every tourist was recognized and he made sure to give them a handshake or communicate to them through sign language, as if his robot operations didnt offer vocal communication. The robot man even saluted me as I took his photograph. 

What was supposed to be a journey around the center of London, actually turned out to be a very interesting and exciting experience. I would recommend that anyone go to this area, not only for the food and pubs nearby, but to experience some of the best performers in the world, with all types of shows to be viewed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment